Party like it's 1991!!!
Television cameras swarmed the house of Rodney King Thursday after an incident Wednesday night in which he told authorities that he was riding his bicycle after 11 p.m. in a dicey area near the border of San Bernardino and Rialto and was sprayed with pellets from a shotgun.What else can you really say about this? It seems like that $4M settlement he got for his inconvenience is long since gone. Dude started out in a Hyundai, and now is back to pushin' a Schwin.
He reportedly pedaled his bike for roughly a mile to his Jackson Street home in Rialto before calling police and heading to the hospital in an ambulance.
Rialto police, who were the first to respond, said King was intoxicated when they arrived and that it was difficult to decipher what had happened.
In interviews with investigators who visited him Thursday afternoon at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton, King reported that a man and a woman approached him and demanded his bicycle.
When he rode away, King told investigators, someone sprayed his shoulder with pellets from a shotgun. King had pellet wounds on his face, arm and back, Paterson said.
Talk about hustlin' backwards.
Getting jacked for a bicycle? Who the hell gets caught up like that? This sounds like a deleted scene from Friday.
Rodney King didn't just write the forward for The Trent Benefield Book Of No Longer Sympathetic Victims, he published it.
Peep Rodney's rap sheet (literally) since he hit that $3.8M lick':
* In May 1991, he was arrested on suspicion of trying to run over a vice officer who allegedly found him with a transvestite prostitute in Hollywood, but no charges were filed.Curiously not mentioned: his mercifully short lived rap career.
* In 1993, King entered an alcohol rehabilitation program and was placed on probation after crashing his vehicle into a block wall in downtown Los Angeles with a blood-alcohol level twice the legal limit.
* In July 1995, he was arrested by Alhambra police, who alleged that he hit his wife with his car, knocking her to the ground. He was sentenced to 90 days in jail after being convicted of hit-and-run.
* In 1999, he was sentenced to 90 days in San Bernardino County jail and put on probation for four years after a domestic dispute involving one of his daughters and her mother. He was required to attend a batterer's treatment program and a child-abuse program, according to court records.
* In 2001, King was ordered to attend a yearlong drug treatment program after he was arrested for indecent exposure and being under the influence of PCP at Ganesha Park in Pomona.
* In April 2003, Rialto police watched him weave through traffic in his Ford Expedition at more than 100 mph before plowing through a fence and into a San Bernardino house. He pleaded guilty to being under the influence of PCP and was sentenced to a six-month drug rehabilitation program followed by a 120-day jail sentence.
* That October, Rialto police arrested King on suspicion of punching his girlfriend in the stomach.
Note to Trent Benefield, Genarlow Wilson, Bryant Purvis, Mychal Bell, Carwin Jones, Marcus Dixon, and Co.: Look. Listen. Learn.
Rodney King is shot while riding his bike [LA Times]